Thanks to a grant from Royal London, DAST can now enhance our Bereavement Service with a new penfriend scheme.
If you don’t feel like meeting or talking about your experiences, but would feel comfortable writing them down, then we will try to match you with someone else in a similar situation.
- Ask us for an information pack
- We will ask those interested to fill in an application form
- We will then match you with someone else and share your biographies
- DAST will act as a letter exchange hub
- We will forward a total of 5 letters to each recipient
- After that, it is up to you whether you continue or not
- You do not need to pass on personal details
Ask for an information pack by:
Telephone: 01246 380415
Writing: 34 Glumangate, Chesterfield, S40 1TX
Writing down your thoughts and feelings is beneficial to your health and wellbeing! It reduces stress and helps you to work through negative thoughts.